This page is proudly presented to you by Zahard (Glorious King of the Tower), Urek Mazino (Lord of the Turtles), Baam25th (Schrodinger's Cat), Stefano1Ryuuzaki1 (????) and Tofu21 (Emperor of the Intelligent Bone).
Okay, as of late, I, Zahard, and other admins, have seen some users say and post things that disgust me. Disgust me. So, I've made this page to warn and inform you of what you can do to get immediately banned or get strikes.
(From Tofu21: Sadly, we used to be a lot more lenient and paid little attention to most actions of users. But some people have shown they're incapable of handling full freedom of speech. Thanks to their actions, we were forced to make and implement such rules.)
(From Urek Mazino: We are not to steal translations, this means if you have a group's translations, you are not to steal them before the group officially releases it, GoDai translates here regularly and thankfully sources his work, so yes you can add his stuff).
This section (written by Zahard) is the guideline towards how certain behaviour is approached on the Wiki. This is intended to warn people of how long their bans will be depending on their actions.
- First of all. At the very most, this comic could only ever contain contents under 15 optional with parental guidance. Any additions of content above such a rating will be considered spam, violation of rules, and will be treated with an immediate ban. Depending on the scale of offensiveness, the ban time will be longer. So
- Sexually explicit content = 2 Weeks
- Horrific violence = 3 Weeks
- Mutilation = 1 Month
- Trio = 2 Months
- Harassment can become common quite easily. This includes threats of abuse and death threats to another user or possibly, a character (we don't know why the heck you'd want to pick a fight with a character but hey, each to their own).
- We admins will block as we see fit. Be nice and we will too.
- Stalking is VERY bad.
- If told to go away, you keep attacking with insults = 1 Week
- If told to go away many times, and admins have been reported to = 2 Weeks
- Spam/Inappropriate links = 1 Month
- Stalking by finding email through IP, hacking, etc = 1 Year. This is technically a criminal offence. We kind people will not hesitate to report you to police/ISP under the suspicion of harrasment, stalking, cyber-bullying, and hacking others networks with the intention to stalk.
This section is about acceptable conduct (written by tofu21) on the Wiki. For Editing Policies, check out this page: Editing Policies
These guidelines are introduced, to encourage a comfortable atmosphere on the Wiki, so people are able to discuss without feeling stressed out or having to resort to insults to make their point.
This will allow reasonable discussions to proceed on the Wiki and also, not give others an excuse to post inflammatory/really sick/just plain stupid comments on your favourite character's page. Trolls and other detestable users tend to lurk and wait for an opportunity to start a flame war, to harass people here/on other sites and so on.
Note: When we say "Pages", we're excluding Talk Pages.
1. Even if you dislike the actions of certain characters or dislike certain plot developments, please moderate your comments.
2. Please don't vent on any page of this Wiki. A bit of annoyance and some amount of anger, is understandable. However you may not rant endlessly about a character, a plot development, or a user. We used to tolerate comments like "This bitch/bastard needs to die." or "I hate this bitch/bastard." but not anymore 'cos of certain issues. Comments like "How the heck could Viole do this? That's really messed up.", "Wow, that's nuts", "She's crazy/batshit insane" are okay. But try to rationalise and think things through before posting.
3. Calling characters "bastard/insult name" is fine at times but please don't overdo it. It's a comic, not reality. Please keep some perspective and not pass judgement so quickly. After all, most of the people in our lives don't call us bastards, whores, bitches, "insult name/sentence" every minute and hour of the day, just because they don't understand our actions or can't stand us or are terrified of us or hate part of our character/views.
Actually, my parents do that to each other every minute of the day but lets not get into my family affairs. :P
5. Try not to force your opinions on others. If you feel the person can't understand your point of view, try to understand what they're trying to say, what their position of thought is, what they're using as a basis of thought and use that to proceed as a discussion(not a thread about "who's most right/most wrong"). Try to listen to each other and compromise, man. Try to explain your point of view. Yeah, don't worry, even I don't always do this well, so it's just a note.
And it's something used in many workplaces so yep, if you want to impress the interviewer, you can start developing this skill, if you want to. Get a headstart on others, in this competitive world. :P.
6. Try to keep your comments on a Page on topic(about TOG). Of course, sometimes, we end up talking about another subject on a Page but that's okay, if the discussion is taken elsewhere, after a few comments have been posted. So, any chit-chat on a Page should be kept to a minimum. You want to chit chat, gossip, complain, vent, etc.? No problem, just do that on each other's Talk Pages. Just don't spam the comments with unrelated posts.
The Admins (ridiculous titles and all).