|Korean Name||자 왕난|
|First Appearance||Vol.2 Chapter 1|
|“||I will one day... be the king of this Tower!||”|
Ja Wangnan (자 왕난, Ja Wangnan) is one of the main protagonists of Tower of God: Part 2 - The Return of the Prince. He aspires to be the king of the whole Tower. He values his determination in life more than anyone else's desires. He plans to scale up the Tower's Floors and reach the true top of the Tower, unlike those who have given up. He is currently at 43rd Floor (Floor of Death) together with Rachel and her teams.
Notes and Trivia
- While his position is unknown he may possibly be Fisherman or, less likely, a Spear Bearer as he owns a Reel Inventory.
- The Shinsoo Bombs Wangnan uses look like Poké Balls from the Pokémon series, Dive Balls in particular. His regular bombs look like regular Poké Balls, however.
- He is horrible at strengthening tests. He placed 15th in the Shinsoo Strengthening Competition. Also, interesting to note, he's worse than Nia when it comes to Shinsoo strengthening.
- His name read backwards, actually means (Nan-"I am") (Wangja-"prince").
- Officially, the Zahard Family has no Prince and Wangnan's exact relation to Zahard is unknown, yet many fans speculate that Wangnan is the "Prince of Zahard". But, according to Hwa Ryun, he is apparently Zahard and the 10 Great Families' biggest "mistake".This was further confirmed by Rachel, who said that "they were the fatal weak point that Zahard tried to hide but ultimately survived" that they "gained power that they weren't supposed to have".
- Hwa Ryun refers to Ja Wangnan as "the Prince of the Red Light District" or "the Prince of Red Light Family" (홍등가의 왕자, Hongdeunga-eui Wangja). However, it is unknown what Hwa Ryun meant exactly. At the moment, both translation are unconfirmed until SIU reveals which one he meant. (Note that Red Light District is an existing Korean word, so the former has a higher chance of being right.) In a dream he had, Nya Nia used the same words to name him.
- As shops in red light districts have girls on display, the former could be an insult against Zahard's Family, as people often figuratively say that Zahard puts his Princesses on display.
- The former could also literally mean that Wangnan is an illegitimate son of Zahard.
- The latter could mean he is a child from a family that has not yet been shown.
- Karaka wears the same ring as Wangnan. Though they are currently in the same party, and only Wangnan has noticed Karaka's ring thus far.
- He wishes his horns would grow.
- SIU stated that he is knowledgeable about many of the Tower's secrets.
- He added that Wangnan's climb of the Tower is one of the main axis of the story.
- He has chosen Yellow Prince (노란왕자, Nolan-Wangja) as a code word to be contacted through Emile.