|“||There is a rumour that the famous Enryu is even able to create Life with Shinsoo.||”|
Enryu entered the Tower during Zahard's rule. His most interesting achievement, the slaying of the Guardian of the 43rd Floor revealed to the people of the Tower that Guardians, originally thought to be immortal, were not absolute beings. While initially it was unknown why Enryu killed the 43rd Floor Guardian, it was later revealed that he entered the Tower at the 43rd Floor, believing that Zahard had desecrated the Floor that was once Arlen Grace's shrine. Warning that those who followed the "fake king" would be destroyed, Enryu proceeded to annihilate Zahard's fanatics, slaying the enraged Guardian of the Floor and utterly lay waste to the Floor's landscapes. A huge thorn was left behind at the site where the Guardian died, as Enryu's purpose was to deliver the thorn that would cut the king's throat.
Before this feat Zahard was #1 in Ranking by then, although his inactivity led to him being pushed down to 2nd place by Enryu, who took over the 1st place at the time because of this.
Enryu became the No. 1 Ranker with the nickname of "Guardian Murderer". Later on, Phantaminum entered the Tower. With the Zahard Palace Intrusion Incident, Phantaminum quickly took 1st place, pushing Enryu and Zahard down to 2nd and 3rd places, respectively.
Appearance and Personality
Before Enryu made an official appearance in the series, it was said that he was very handsome and popular and he even battled gracefully. Rankers idolized him for his beautiful ways of fighting. Though only briefly, Enryu was shown to be a young man with ruffled red hair and red eyes, wearing a smart blue outfit.
Powers and Abilities
Enryu is known to fight by levitating thousands of spears made of Shinsoo and striking them downwards; some people use a poetic expression 'Red Rain' to describe this scene and the rare few spectators say the sight is quite beautiful. However, it wouldn't look as beautiful from the victim's point of view.
Enryu's overwhelming control of Shinsoo is rated a cut above the Guardians and it is a 'heretical' ability, breaking the laws of the Tower. Shinsoo in the area turns red when Enryu appears. His mastery on Shinsoo manipulation is rumored that he can create life using Shinsoo.
Currently, the person who has handled the greatest number of Baangs of Shinsoo is Enryu. Although the accurate number is not recorded, it's clear that it surpasses other recorded figures greatly. According to a Light Bearer who once had the chance to record Enryu's combat, Enryu is known to have handled over 9,000 Baangs during the combat.
Notes and Trivia
- Enryu is the only known person to have ever killed a Guardian in the Tower's history.
- A massive needle-like object was discovered where Enryu killed the Guardian of the 43rd Floor and shortly after named by FUG as the "The Thorn to Kill the King". It was somehow acquired by FUG in order to achieve their goal of killing Zahard and the 10 Families. It is currently in the possession of Jyu Viole Grace and seems to be a key for the organisation's goals.
- Enryu and Phantaminum have never fought. They have never even met and there are a lot of opinion on who would win if they actually fought each other. However given that Enryu is not an Axis, his chances are non-existent.
- It is not known where Enryu is or what he's doing currently and it is rumoured that Headon is seeking him with avidity.
- Once, there was a mistranslation that stated that Urek could create life out of Shinsoo. However, this was a mistranslation and it is Enryu who can do so.
- SIU is planning for Enryu to occasionally appear in the later part of Tower of God.
- SIU has specifically stated in a user chat that Enryu is not an Axis.
- The amount of baangs he commands (over 9000) is a Dragon Ball reference.
- SIU has said that Enryu is a "munchkin" (likely meaning a powergamer or overpowered character, since he said it in the context of why Enryu wouldn't appear much in the plot and not until later in the story).
- He is a "messenger of God" that delivered Thorn into the Tower.
- (To Zahard's Rankers) "Only those who believe in the false king will remain here and face death."
- (Korean pronunciation) Ehn-ryoo
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Enryu's character profile (SIU's blog)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Ch.11: 2F - Yu Han Sung's Examination (1)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Vol.2 Ch.241: 43F - Hell Train: The Floor of Death (10)
- ↑ Shinsoo Manipulation Technique Setting (1) - Basic Background (신수조작술 설정 (1) - 기본설정)
- ↑ Vol.2 Ch.84: 30F - Tournament (4)