For many of the theories on the Pages, there is no right or wrong. No one may insist that only their version of certain events are right. Unless it has been completely confirmed within the story or from some comments by SIU, the perception of many of the events could be subject to change, long after they'd occurred. Remember, it took 80 chapters for us to realise there was a group of people orchestrating Baam's "death".
Please treat almost everything as partial facts because they can be subject to changes. No one may insist their "perceptions" are absolute and edit the Pages so only their opinion remains on a certain section of a Page. Do it repeatedly and we will treat it as vandalism. However, you may state your opinions as an alternative viewpoint.
Remember that almost everything on the different pages contain some amount of partial speculation. As long we don't know the full facts, anything and everything can count as speculation. After all, we're using logic and bits and pieces of information to grasp at the bigger picture.
Currently, character pages are all over the place in terms of headings and such.
In the following order, pages shall have the following sub-headings:
- Brief Intro Paragraph (don't actually make a heading called "Brief Intro Paragraph" though)
- History (background info)
- Part I (A plot summary)
- Under "Part I", please put additional sub-subheadings which indicate the Test or relevant Plot Event which is currently taking place in the manhwa
- Part II (again, a plot summary)
- Also, do the same thing regarding sub-subheadings for Part II as done for Part I
- Powers and Abilities
- Notes and Trivia (where applicable)
This format covers all aspects of knowledge on a character, and is a design that can make the wiki unique, but yet, cleaner and standardized.
Yet to be decided upon.
Consistency of Titles, Names and Story version
Take note there is often no standard way of translating in terms of context, nuances and even titles or names. For titles, names and the story itself, we are simply sticking to Batoto's version for consistency. Please refrain from insisting which version is right or wrong because each translator has his own way of seeing things(excepting translating mistakes). Note: This is based on information from professional translators who used to work in the scanlation scene.
If there is concrete proof of a translating issue, then please bring it up in the Batoto forum as only the people who translated the chapter would know what you're talking about.
Anyone editing must accept the naming conventions like Masceth instead of Mesceth or Mexes, Rachel instead of Lahel, Zahard instead of Jahad, etc.
In addition, avoid inserting information from the Korean TOG wiki because wikis can be prone to vandalism and there is sometimes, a lack of source-checking.
Punctuation, spelling and grammar
We use British English but don't worry. If you can write only in American English, then just use it and someone else will make the appropriate corrections.
Also, you can always turn on the spell-checking function in your browser and switch it to British English.
One very common mistake -
In British English, if you use brackets in a sentence, this should always be the CORRECT format:
CORRECT : "Bla bla bla (blablabla)."
INCORRECT : "Bla bla bla. (blablabla)"
Clarity of edits
When editing, avoid inserting statements which are vague like "So, she decided to look for him" or "Rachel was doing something with Baam". Instead, expand on the statement using sources from the comic so it builds up and clarifies the entire context.
The only exception in terms of "vague statements" is limited to "information or statements from SIU". Still, do try to expand on that information over time if you're able to find logical and clear evidence to expand the context.
And you can also use some of these questions to help you fill in the details:
- "Who?" Who was the character with? Was she by herself or with someone else?
- "Where?" Where was the location? Cave, Headquarters of some organization or in a room on a specific floor of the Inner Tower?
- "What?" What were they doing? Were they by themselves? Were they fighting someone? Or were they talking about certain topics? And if they're talking about a topic, what was the topic? Or were they playing a game?
- "When?" When was this? Did it take place in the past like 3 years ago? Or is it in the present?
- "Why?" Why are they fighting with the person? Why are they trying to deceive someone and if so, for what goal?
- "How?" How did they know what was going on? How were they able to fight or even defeat the person? Take note for this "how to" question, the answers may fit under What, Where, or When and it depends on the type of information obtained.
All of these will help you to construct some context to work with. Otherwise, the statement will remain vague and might even be dismissed as speculation. Also, don't answer any of these questions with a simple "yes" or "no".
Also, please try not to work from memory alone but instead, double check with the comic itself so the context and your edits make proper sense and completely reflect all the facts. It takes more time but it will help to make the Wiki better. Do not rely on the Wiki alone as there may be some errors which have yet to be fixed.
And what are facts? A fact is something like "Yuri Zahard lent the Black March to Baam. But before he could return it to her, he was teleported to the 2nd Floor by Headon." It is not something like "Baam stole Yuri Zahard's weapon and conspired with Headon to teleport him away." The latter is speculation, baseless and not fact. Statements like the latter shouldn't be edited into the Wiki.
Fact vs Speculation
Please, please, please: don't put groundless speculation on any page under the guise that it is actually fact. The world of ToG is heavily based on facts, even though many of these facts are yet to be revealed. Please resist the temptation to put your speculation on the page, as people may think this is true and then it will spread like a disease from page to page. If you have theories on this great manhwa, please post them in the comments section below each page.
Also, please resist the temptation to edit in your own objections regarding a certain character's motivations or actions. Whatever our thoughts, those are theories and opinions.
However, remember that much of these facts are just partial facts. So even if those are facts, there might be some speculation involved.
Yet to be decided upon.
Fan art is always appreciated on this wiki, yet it should not be used for official character pages. Fan art can be used as cover art, as seen on the welcome on our main page, or it can be uploaded on blogs.
The main translations we use here are from The Company, which is done either by Grumpy or 25th_chestnut, the two most trusted translators. All information from these guys is fine (still needs sourcing if it's from a blog post etc.), there are a few other possibly not as well known translators they are (these need sourcing all the time):
- LaFa (translations seem fine)
- Naver.com (translations seem fine)
- cat92 (translations seem fine)
- northerncolors (translations are fine, although names sometimes differ from TC and uses different terminology)
- Greenanatoly (translations are seemingly fine)
- Fudgenouget (translations are seemingly fine)
DO NOT STEAL ANYONE'S TRANSLATIONS BEFORE THEY OFFICIALLY RELEASE IT, exceptions to this are of course blog posts, and summaries. Stealing dialogue is explicity forbidden, and a ban will be awarded accordingly, this is to prevent harm to scanalation groups, no matter how many are working on this series.